How to Sign Up (if you are new to the program)
May 1, 2018— forms must be postmarked May 1.
1. Check Your Eligibility
Before applying, make sure you are eligible for the program.
2. Calculate Your Percentage Share for Each Title
For each title you plan to register, calculate the percentage share of your contribution.
3. Collect Your ISBNs
Make sure you know the ISBN for each title/edition/format. Need help finding your ISBN?
4. Make Photocopies
For each book, provide a photocopy of the following pages:
- Title Page
- Copyright page
- Table of Contents (if available)
5. Download & Fill Out the Form
Problems Viewing/Accessing the Form?
Chrome & Firefox Users
Download the form by right-clicking the link and selecting “save as” then save it to your desktop.
If the form won’t open
If the form won’t open, download Adobe Acrobat Reader
6. Double-check everything
Have you correctly completed the form?
- Contact information is complete
- Citizenship Status
- Social Insurance Number
- Information for each title
- Category type
- Contribution type
- Percentage Share
- Number of pages
- Table of Contents (Y/N)
Do you have all your supporting documents? (for EACH title submitted)
- Photocopy of Title page
- Photocopy of Copyright page
- Photocopy of Table of Contents (if available)
7. Mail the Form & Support Material
150 Elgin St, PO Box 1047
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V8
What Happens After You Sign Up?
You will be notified of your eligibility and, if applicable, receive any payments in February 2019
Why does it take so long?
The program has a staff of 4. Every year they:
- Review the applications of 750+ new creators
- Survey public library systems across Canada
- Enter 3500+ new titles into the database
- Calculate payments for 98,000+ titles
- Process payments for 17,000+ creators